Every organisation needs to have a clear and effective strategy for the prevention and containment of fires. Placing the right kind of fire extinguishers across your premises is a very wise move, plus certain areas should also have modern fire doors installed for extra protection.
How do fire doors work?
We’ve all seen fire doors, as they can be found everywhere from offices and shops to schools and hospitals, but do you know exactly how they keep us safe?
Their design is relatively simple yet hugely functional, as the doors are fitted with intumescent strips that expand when they reach a certain temperature. This seals the gap between the door and the frame, stopping the passage of smoke and holding back the fire more than a normal door.
Why invest in fire doors?
Below are the main reasons to have fire doors installed throughout offices, retail units, industrial sites and other working environments.
- Fire doors are uniquely designed to prevent fire from spreading to additional areas of the premises.
- In the process, they also stop smoke from spreading. This helps to maintain visibility on stairwells and throughout the fire evacuation route, as well as protecting more people inside the building from the smoke’s choking effects.
- By blocking the path of the fire as much as possible, fire doors reduce the amount of damage to your working premises, including equipment, furniture and other valuable contents.
- When the firefighters arrive, fire doors help them to tackle the blaze more efficiently by reducing the time it takes to extinguish the flames.
- Having fire doors installed throughout your commercial premises can also help to minimise the cost of your business insurance.
- Most importantly, fire doors are designed to protect people and save lives.
Invest in a fire door safety service
Fire doors bring so much reassurance to business owners, employees and visitors alike, plus they may be more affordable than you think. If you need new fire doors installing, the specialists at Intertech Contracts are fully accredited under the BM TRADA Q-Mark scheme for fire door installation and fire door maintenance.
We can also provide ongoing maintenance for new and existing fire doors, which involves regular inspections to check that they meet current British Standards and the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRFSO).
Our fire door safety inspection service also includes a detailed report. This will either give your fire doors our mark of approval or highlight any issues, which we can then rectify for a very competitive price.
Protect your people with fire doors
No matter what the size of your premises or the nature of your industry, fire safety is of paramount importance. Having fire doors installed in key areas and investing in regular inspections by an accredited company will ensure that your people are protected as much as possible in the event of a fire, which brings long-term peace of mind.
Get in touch
Whether it’s installations, inspections or maintenance, we’re here to deliver a first-rate fire door safety service. To find out more, contact Wayne Tompkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01482 222498.